Frequently Asked Questions to Kitchen Bedroom Studio
These are some of the more frequently asked questions, put to us by previous prospective customers and the answers we have given them. We hope they are useful to you but if you have other queries, please phone or e-mail us and we will reply to you personally and then add the answer here to assist others in the future
Click the question to expand the answer below
- Will my doors come with holes drilled for the hinges?
- Yes, if you specify when ordering. When placing your order you can ask to have your doors "undrilled", or drilled at the "standard positions" there is no extra charge for hinge hole drilling
Some doors will be better undrilled. In particular, doors for integrated extractors and dishwashers will not require hinge holes and some integrated appliances may be better drilled on site, because you will not know before they arrive where to drill them.
If you need any help, please phone and ask us for advice
- Why will I incur more than one delivery charge when ordering doors and carcasses?
- The doors and the carcasses both come direct to you from different factories. In this way you avoid the “middleman” and his "mark-up” You will pay low prices because of this but there is normally a delivery charge from each factory. If you order worktops these come from yet another source and a further delivery charge wil be added.
Therefore if ordering from three different factories, there will be three seperate delivery charges.
- Will the delivery driver carry the goods into the house?
- He will normally help you into the hall or the garage, but please remember these are trade deliveries and “help” is the operative word. There should be an able-bodied person to receive the goods and help to unload and carry the goods inside.
Large cabinets and worktops definitely need two people to carry them into the house. They are quite heavy and under no circumstances will delivery drivers carry goods upstairs. You should bear this point in mind if you live in a flat and are not on the ground floor. In this case, you will need another person to help you, other than the delivery driver.
- If I don’t like the doors when they arrive, can I return them for a refund?
- In order to keep our prices low, we do not hold stock of many items like doors, accessories and carcasses. Instead they are "made to order" to your exact requirements. Unfortunately this means we cannot accept return of these items unless they are faulty.
The Distance Selling Provisions, which normally give you the right to cancel your order within 7 days, do not apply to goods made specifically to your requirements. Please ask for a colour swatch or even a door sample, before you order. Sample doors cost £15.00 including carriage and this charge will be refunded against your order.
For items which are not made to order such as handles, if you are unhappy with these, you should inform us within 7 days of receipt.If you wish to cancell your order you must do so within 7 days of receipt and return the items to us at your own expense, in an unused and undamaged condition and normally in the original packaging. See Clause 3 of our Terms & Conditions for more information.
- How long will it be before my goods are delivered?
- It depends on what you have ordered: Small stock items like handles are normally dispatched within 24 hours by post and should arrive within a few days. Larger stock items like worktops and furniture, allow 7/10 days.
Made to order goods like doors and carcasses allow 3/4 weeks but painted doors can be up 5/6 weeks
We will be able to give you more specific information nearer the actual delivery time - see below for more information
- Will you let me know when my goods will be delivered?
- Yes. We will tell you when your doors have left the factory either on a next day delivery or an estimated 3-day service and give you a dispatch number and a telephone number for the courier company. You should be able to confirm the date of the delivery and maybe change the day if it's inconvenient. However it is not usually possible to specify an exact time of day for the delivery.
Cabinets are often easier to confirm as either early, midday or afternoon delivery, because the factory has it's own delivery service. Sometimes the mobile number of the driver can be obtained, to allow you to check on progress on the day of delivery.
- Do you offer a fitting service?
- Yes we can offer a local fitting service.
- Can you design my new kitchen or fitted bedroom?
- Yes. If you supply the measurements and a sketch layout of the room, we can design and cost your new kitchen or fitted bedroom for you, but the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that it will fit the room is yours. We cannot be responsible for your measurements!
- How do I know the doors are good quality?
- We supply only top quality doors Read our article entitled “How can I tell a good quality door from a poor one?” and we hope this will put your mind at rest.
Otherwise, you could order a sample door, to examine before you buy. This will cost you £15.00, including carriage and this charge will be refunded against your order